Tuesday, December 21, 2010

12.13.10 1st Trip to L&D


After Jakob's bday party excitement, I was getting ready for bed and realized I hadn't felt the baby move all day. Not unusual since I wasn't focusing on my belly at all throughout the day. I laid down and drank some water in prep for bed, and waited for the kicks to start. The doctor said if there are ever less than 4 an hour to call immeadiately. I waited and waited. Usually the movements start a few minutes after settling in. At 45 minutes, I had still felt no movement, I called Jeff in because I was starting to freak out. He laid beside me with his hand on my belly and tried talking to her...nothing. Finally at an hour and fifteen minutes, still having felt nothing...I decided to call the doctor. Byt his point it was after midnight, but I was officially concerned. SO was the doctor, and she told us to go to the hospital to get checked out just to be safe. My sister came over to sit with Jakob (he was asleep of course). As soon as they got us hooked up to the monitors at the hospital, the baby started wiggling all around. Everything was great, and I felt like an idiot. She kept stressing to me how important it is to call or come in though if you are not feeling movement and how I shouldn't feel bad. It was almost 4 by the time we got home and to bed. What a long night.

No comments:

Post a Comment