Tuesday, August 3, 2010

7.23.10 Jakob and Quentin

I was probably most excited this trip to see Jakob and Quentin together again, and how they played. Unfortunately, they played the way you expect a two and three year old to play. There was a lot of temper tantrums and fighting over toys, but thats to be expected. I can't believe how big Quentin had gotten, and wished he hadn't been so shy. Next time I see them, it will probably be Jakob that acts shy.
This is my absolute favorite picture of the trip, and I know, it's a terrible picture. I guess its because of the moment in time rather than the quality of the shot. The first night we were in Lawrence, I stayed up chatting with Elizabeth till almost three a.m. Needless to say, when I went to bed, I woke Jakob up while getting ready for bed. Instead of standing up or whining or anything though, he just layed in his playpen and stared at me through the mesh, grinning ear to ear. He smiled at me the whole time I changed, brushed my teeth, took out my contacts...and when I went to get in bed I couldnt resist the little bugger any longer. I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the forehead. He threw his chubby little arms around my neck and hugged me. Man does he know how to work me over. I figured, he was sleepy enough I could let him snuggle with me in bed and watch cartoons, and he would eventually fall back asleep. HA! He did lay in bed with me and snuggle and we watched cartoons...for two hours! At 5 am, I finally said this is ridiculous and made him go back to his own bed. While we were watching though, I asked him to "cheese", and this was the resulting photo. It melts my heart remembering how cute he was that night, every time I see this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment