Friday, October 29, 2010

10.22.10 Off to see the Doc


My doctor was of course booked solid, so I saw her nurse. When she saw how swollen I was, she was immeadiately concerned. My blood pressure was okay, but my glucose test had come back failed. She did bloodwork to check for pregnancy induced hypertension, started me on a 24 hour collection for protein counts, and told me to stay in bed as much as possible through the weekend. On Monday, I would come back for test results, more tests, and to see how I was doing. I couldn't help but cry even though I knew this would all be coming. I just hate being stressed out and worried, and know what they next two months are going to be like. This is definately the last time I want to be pregnant.
On the funny side, they had a pumpkin contest, and there were some pretty creative entries to look at in the waiting room. This one I thought was great, but the longer I stared at it, the more I flopped about whether it was humorous or offensive. I think I still lean towards humorous, after all it is pretty clever, but at an OBGYN? Hmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment