Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Empty

Well we went to the doc today to make sure I did not need a D&C. I don't thank goodness. They did an ultrasound, but there was nothing there. It was weird to see after getting used to seeing a baby in there when I was pregnant with Jakob. It made me feel pretty darn empty. I still have to go back to get my levels checked, every week until they are back at zero. She said everything looked good and we could start trying immeadiately, but I am not ready. Maybe in a few months we will try again, but I need to process what happened. Luckily my bosses are awesome and gave me today and tommorrow off. So I plan on processing many margaritas tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Vanessa:

    I just happened upon your blog today, and I want you to know that you are not alone. I have gone through 5 miscarriages since 2006. The heartbreak is real. I found that the best thing to do is talk about it. People seem to keep this kind of loss a secret. But, as with any loss, you need to work through it. I'm terribly sorry about the child you lost. I'm sorry about the dreams and hopes that you lost. You will get through this. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete