Thursday, November 11, 2010

11.1.10 The Big Mistake

So I managed to misread my paystub when calculating how much I could actually afford for a van payment. Seems the fantasticly competent company I work for did not pull out insurance last month, and I thought they had. So today when I got paid and my check was a grand short, I kinda flipped out. Once I figured out what had happened, I was devastated about how to tell Jeff. This was so like me to make such a stupid financial error, thats why he is the money guru of the house. He is the one who stresses over payments and made such a big deal about me making sure I could afford the van. I didn't know how to tell him what I had done. I was hsyterical. He was super calm about the whole thing and just tried to comfort me. He didn't get mad or anything, and when I got home, he had bought me these beautiful flowers. What a fantastic man I have. I mean really, who buys their wife flowers because she screwed up?

No comments:

Post a Comment